FEMA will open the fiscal year (FY) 2021 Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Program application period on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 8 a.m. ET and accept applications through 5 p.m. ET on Friday, February 18, 2022.
The purpose of the FP&S Program is to award grants directly to fire departments, national, regional, state, local, tribal, and non-profit organizations such as academic (e.g., universities), public health, occupational health, and injury prevention institutions for fire prevention programs and supporting firefighter health and safety research and development such as clinical studies that address behavioral, social science, and cultural research.
The Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2021 (Pub. L. No. 116-260), and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (Pub. L. No. 117-2) includes $460 million for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Program and the FP&S Program. Of that amount, the FY 2021 FP&S Program will award $46 million to strengthen community fire prevention programs and enable scientific research on innovations that improve firefighter safety, health, and wellness.
FEMA released the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the FY 2021 FP&S Program on January 10, 2021. The NOFO and technical assistance documents for this program are available at www.grants.gov and on the FEMA website.
Applicants requiring assistance should visit the FEMA website, call the FP&S Program Help Desk at (866) 274-0960 or email them at email@example.com. The FP&S Program Help Desk is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET.
If you have any questions regarding this FEMA Advisory, please contact FEMA’s Office of External Affairs:
- Congressional Affairs at (202) 646-4500 or at FEMA-Congressional-Affairs@fema.dhs.gov
- Intergovernmental Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-IGA@fema.dhs.gov
- Tribal Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-Tribal@fema.dhs.gov
- Private Sector Engagement at (202) 646-3444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FY 2021 FPS Fact Sheet January 2022 PDF.pdf
- FEMA Advisory FY21 FPS Grant Application Opening January 2022 PDF.pdf