· The IRS may not have enough information on file for you to send you an Economic Impact Payment.
· Get My Payment will display a “Payment Status Not Available” message.
Yes, you can use Get My Payment to check the status of your payment after you verify your identity by answering the required security questions.
If you did not file a tax return for 2018 and 2019: You can check your payment status when it’s scheduled for delivery, however you will not be able to use Get My Payment to provide your bank account information. The IRS will use the information from SSA, RRB or VA to generate your payment. You will receive your payment as a direct deposit or by mail, just as you would normally receive your benefits.
For example, if your benefits are currently deposited to a Direct Express card, your EIP will also be deposited to that card. If your benefits are currently deposited to your bank account, your EIP will also be deposited to that account.
Direct Express Account Holders: If you used the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info tool to add your spouse or qualifying children, you cannot receive your payment on your Direct Express card. You must select a bank account for direct deposit or leave bank information blank and receive the Payment by mail.
Get My Payment will display one of the following payment statuses:
1. Payment Status (one of two statuses) –
· A payment has been processed, a payment date is available, and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail.
· You are eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not available.
2. Need More Information – You are eligible for a payment, but we do not have your direct deposit information. You will be given the opportunity to provide your bank information once you have properly verified your identity. Direct Deposit is the fastest way to get your EIP.
3. Payment Status Not Available – We cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For additional information, see Payment Status Not Available below.
Updates to your payment status are made no more than once per day.
Payment Status Not Available:
The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:
· You are required to file a tax return, but:
o We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
o The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
· You don't usually file a return, and:
o You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
· You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).
If you receive “Payment Status Not Available”, you will not be able to provide direct deposit information at this time. We’re working on updates to allow more people to use this feature.
We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.